Economic Opportunity for All
I will fight for an economy that works for everyone.
I believe in creating opportunity for all and I reject the "1% economics"
of Representative Lee Zeldin (NY-R, CD 1) and President Donald Trump.
I will work tirelessly to create opportunities for the next generation by lowering student contributions to tuition and streamlining student debt.
I support the growth of sustainable energy and other progressive industries
that can take America into the next century in this
highly competitive world marketplace.
As your Representative, I will:
- Fight for a national living wage
- Support job growth in sustainable energy and medical research industries
- Repeal Republican tax scheme that favor corporations and the wealthy
- Reinstate tax deductions for workers and students
- Restore Net Neutrality, leveling the playing field for smaller internet companies
- Work to reduce student tuition and debt
- Ensure equal pay for equal work
- Oppose cuts to Social Security and public healthcare
- Increase the economic self-sufficiency of women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ community members, and people with disabilities
- Co-sponsored a bill to instate a living wage on Long Island, as a Suffolk County legislator
- Expanded public transportation services, especially for Long Island veterans
- Sponsored creation of Food Policy Council, making healthy foods more accessible in Suffolk County
- Financed my Congressional campaign through Long Island families' contributions, not corporate bribes or super PACs
- Spread education on earned income tax credits to maximize workers' tax benefits
- Created a Welfare-to-Work Commission in Suffolk County to create clearer
pathways towards employment for those earning income benefits
- Increased LGBTQIA+ couples' economic self-suffiency by supporting marriage equality prior to its legalization in NYS