Investing in Education
I was able to fulfill my American Dream because of the affordable,
top-quality education I received. I want to share
this opportunity with all other Americans.
While teaching in Long Island public schools for over 30 years,
I mentored students and educators to make informed political and personal choices.
- Provide affordable education and training for our workforce
- Discontinue privatized testing
- Create new "Poor Man's Ivy League" colleges with free tuition for high achievers
- Free community college and technical training
- Emphasized support for apprenticeship programs
- Made education the first step in dealing with drug abuse
- Served as former chairperson of the Education and Youth Committee
- Secured affordable childcare by passing EARNS program