Everyone deserves equal treatment
America is at its best when we all work together.
Black, white, Latino, Native or Asian, LGBTQ+ or straight, we are all diverse parts
of the same American Dream.
We cannot tolerate those that would pull us apart, or exploit socially constructed divisions
for political gain.
- Protect the Dream Act/DACA
- Be a bridge between people of color and law enforcement
- Fight for equitable sentencing laws for all races
- Prescribe rehabilitation instead of incarceration
- Fight for equal pay for equal work
- Ensure LGBTQ+ people have access to adequate, affordable healthcare
- Reinstate transgender people's positions in the military
- Prevent religious freedoms from upholding discriminatory practices
- Institute fairer community policing
- Been a Democrat for over 50 years
- Stood up for progressive values all my life
- Served as a public school teacher for more than 30 years
- Fought to extend public transportation for our veterans to access healthcare at the Stony Brook Vet's Center
- Hired female, LGBTQ, and Latino people to leadership positions
- Sponsored the Domestic Registry Bill in Suffolk County in 1999
- Supported LGBTQ marriage equality prior to its legalization in New York State
- Created a majority-minority district in Brentwood, giving people of color representation