Universally Affordable Healthcare
Healthcare is a human right. I will ensure that healthcare is affordable for everyone.
As a County legislator, I addressed the rise in substance addiction by
intervening in Long Island high school drug exchanges.
Serving on the board of Long Island Planned Parenthood I am resolute in standing up for woman's right to choose.
- Fight for Medicare for All (HR 676)
- Establish affordable access to mental health services
- Make school meals healthier without raising their cost
- Expand affordable access to addiction treatments
- Publicly fund preventative reproductive healthcare by protecting Medicaid and Planned Parenthood
- Preserve women's reproductive rights by opposing the Hyde Amendment and protecting Roe v. Wade
- Vice-Chairperson of the Health & Human Services Committee
- Served as a Planned Parenthood board member
- Required NYS insurance companies to reimburse or cover cervical cancer test
- Sponsored creation of Food Policy Council, making healthy foods more accessible in Suffolk County
- Protected Public Health Nurse program in Suffolk County
- Declared Melanoma Awareness Month in May in Suffolk County to raise awareness for this preventable disease