Everyone deserves equal treatment
America is at its best when we all work together.
Black, White, Latino, or Asian; we are all diverse parts of the same American Dream.
We cannot tolerate those that would pull us apart, or try to exploit self-created divisions for political gain.
- Protect the Dream Act/DACA
- Fight for equitable sentencing laws for all races
- Be a bridge between people of color and law enforcement
- Prescribe rehabilitation instead of incarceration
- Fight for equal pay for equal work
- Ensure that religious beliefs do not bolster discriminatory practices
- Institute more and better community policing
- Been a Democrat for over 50 years
- Stood up for progressive values all my life
- Served as a public school teacher for more than 30 years
- Fought to extend public transportation for our veterans to access healthcare at the Stony Brook Vet's Center
- Sponsored the Domestic Registry Bill in Suffolk County in 1999